Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Remove fuel line?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 74kay5, Feb 25, 2006.

1. 74kay5

74kay5 1/2 ton status

How easy is it to remove the fuel lines on a TBI K5? I want to use a stock fuel injection line if I can since it has the right bends for my F.I. motor swap. If removing them would destroy them then it's not worth it, but if someone has done it before let me know.

2. danny7139

danny7139 1/2 ton status

I've done it and found them to be pretty easy to slip the hard lines out of the frame rails. What you might find though is that the flex hose to the tank in the back might be old and rusted. Same with the flex in the front to the tbi. Although the inner nylon hose most likely is fine the outer steel braid was what was damaged.

3. jonny reb

jonny reb Newbie

its easy to get the lines off. there braided most of the way so they com out easy after you disconnect them. on the throttle body they both have threaded fittings, there on the back side. you'll probably have to remove the plug wires and maybe the coil to have room. the pressure line can be split at the fuel filteron the frame rail so you dont have to pullit out in one piece. dropping the tank is the only part that is hard at all. the lines can be removed wit the tank on but if you need the pump you'll have to lower it.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Just make sure to use tubing wrenches so you don't end up ruining the wrench flats. :)