Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Remove lift....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jtexfisher, Dec 7, 2005.

1. jtexfisher

jtexfisher Registered Member

:crazy: Yeah..remove. Have a huntin' buddy that bought an '87 'burb with 2"? lift/33s. Must have really tall gears, as it's super whimpy in the gears now. Bit afraid that 31's will look silly with 2" lift.

SO, to go back to stock. Removing the blocks in back and replacing the u-bolts doesn't seem to be too big a deal to fix. But what to do with the front? Any recommendations for replacement springs?

Thanks,
    JTEXFISHER

2. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I would probably just look around at junkyards for some replacement front springs that arent too saggy. You may also look in the for sale section on here....theres always something on there. Why not just re-gear? Or drop in a 14 in the rear with the gears you want, and just re-gear the front.
    -Harrison

3. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

agreed - junkyards are easy and cheap. that shouldn't be too difficult of a part to find either. I can think of two sets in my fav. local junkyard. (it's kinda sad - i've got my fav. junkyard catalogued :rolleyes:).

colby

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

any special reason hes down-sizing? 2" with 31's wont look silly, especially if they are true 31's

5. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Where are you at in Texas? I think I have a good set of front stockers.
    31s look silly at stock ride height. I now have a 91 Burb with 31s on it and I am probably going to put 33s on it at stock height.
    Wanna trade???

6. lrazer

lrazer 1/2 ton status

i drove on 31's for a whole summer back when i first did my 4in lift before i could afford tires
    you could imagin how that looked on a k5

7. jtexfisher

Leper:

I'm out east...Jefferson. Might just work out...lemme check to see if we can find some concrete to work on. Don't like trucks on jacks in sand. :eek1: I can trade pics of tires if you'd like.

8. jtexfisher

Mudbuddy:

Gears and $....this truck is just a huntin' truck. Pulls a trailer every now and again. Gear swap would cost more than the truck is worth in this application. 33's fit a stock? Might just trade tires/wheels between our 'burbs and see what they look like.