Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Removeable full top- what years?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by odoa3, Apr 1, 2004.

1. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

Title says 75 on my Blazer but I have a full removeable top. I thought the last year they did this was '73. Can anyone help me on this? All the '75s I have seen on here still have a hard roof over the front seats when the top is off. Thanks for the info.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

75 was the last yr for the full removable tops /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

75 is the last year of this, 76 is when they started the half cab /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

1975 was the last year of the full convertable, if you see a blazer that has a steel roof over the driver then its 76 or later.

5. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys. Where is good place to start looking for a bikini top- for the truck! Just thought I had better clarify this question! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

There are, as always, some half year trucks like '76 full tops or '75 half tops rolling around out there. But the reported date is 1975 as the last full top.

7. grd2go

grd2go Registered Member

Youre local apoulstry shop they did a great job on mine..It must be nice to be able to take youre top off right now it is still staying below freezing here and there is snow everywhere this sucks.:) /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

Grd2go-
    Yeah, little chilly for top off just yet. Think I will take the sled out this weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for the upholstry shop idea- didn't think of that.

9. atlantak-5er

atlantak-5er 1/2 ton status

look for a convertable top place or a boat uposltry shop. They often make custom tops for various boats and it would be very easy for them to make you one. I have also heard that a modified CJ5 bikini top fits pretty darn close. I have the STC fast track on mine and it rocks! If you can justify the $600.00, I would reccomend going that route.

10. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks guys. Where is good place to start looking for a bikini top- for the truck! Just thought I had better clarify this question!

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought a Jeep Safari (they are longer than the regular) top on eBay for $20 for mine. It works well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

Thanks Jeff- I will see if I can find one. If you have a picture could you email one to me so I can see how it looks and hooks on? My email is odoa3@hotmail.com. Thanks, Heath