Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

REMOVING 1 LEAF FROM SPRING PACK?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLUESMAN, Nov 12, 2001.

1. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    Some you know that I wanted to go with a 2" lift on my K/5,well I ahve decided to go with a 4".Now my Q...Can i remove one of the leafs in the "pack" to reduce the lift?And which leaf?I've ordered a pair of Rough Country's.....so they are rated fairly stiff.I still plan on cutting the Frt. fenders flat w/ the whellwells.Anyone experiment with removing leafs and which one would be better?Thanks.

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i would assume the bottom leaf. but that's all i got sorry.

people that get good mileage aren't having any fun!
    scott,
    1989 GMC suburban 3/4t 4" lift finally rollin on 36" swampers, tbi350, th350, np241

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

If you remove the spring pack center bolt and have the springs come to a rest(USE C-CLAMPS DON'T JUST TAKE THE NUT OFF) you will notice some of the leafs are straight and some are curved. To get less of an arch you would need to remove a curved spring. It maybe the bottom the one or the one right above it.

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

4. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    Yeah that's what I thought.i figure the top two leafs will be "military" wrapped leafs and either the middle leaf or the second to bottom would be the one to remove.I will see at the end of the week.Anyone know what degree axle shim should go in the frt?I'll be running the modified 4" springs(hopefully 3") with ORD's 1" longer shackles.I have a 4 degree shim that I can try.Thanks.