Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

removing 80 deluxe grille, quick work or take a while ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Jan 4, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/1967-87gmc_chevytrucks/lst?.dir=/1980&.src=gr&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/

i was given whatever i can get off the 80 cheyenne if i pull it in the AM before he hauls the truck to the shredder

i figure on steering column and the grille and bezels and dunno what else ill have time for, was originally diesel so theres another diesel dash for the stash,

ive never removed one of these grilles since they are one year and uncommon, i want to snag it if it wont take very long ot get to the bolts,

so anyone familiar with them ? how many bolts ? torx screws ? phillips ?
    1/2" ? 7/16" ?

thanks

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

well jst got back from parfts snagging from the truck and holy damn alot more is different than i assumed on the 80 trucks, crap! all i could have time to get were the headlamp assemblies and the stamped steel buckets bolted to rad support for them and the turn sugnal and headlight chrome bezels and 4 core rad support top panel and instrument panel and bezel and glovebox and hei cap and thats about it,

has a really good looking running 403 olds in it

is on freeway on way to shredder right now

RIP

would have made for a great daily driver

what a waste

thanks

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Probably is fairly easy. I popped out my stock grille and installed a billet grille in mine in about 1.5 hrs.

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

the grille itself looks same as 79 80 base model, nothing special so i left it but i wonder about the big top panel across top of rad support that the hood latch assembly bolts too ? the ends are real wavy different looking i think, not sure now

and the painted sheetmetal filler panel all across very bottom for t5urn signal housings on 79 80 base models, that looks unique but i couldnt snag it

anybody know on those two parts for 80 deluxe square lights front ? if same as 79 80 base models(round lights) ?

got everything else though

thanks