Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Removing a 203 idea

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazinzuk, Aug 13, 2006.

1. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey all I have to pull my 203 again has anyone made a platform to do this on. I have done it on tranny jacks but we don't have any nice ones and it doesn't really work that well. I was going to build something to hold the case in the position that it will go in the truck. Heres my question, do you think the bottom of said item should be flat so I could reposition the jack or should I remove the saddle of the jack and put in on there with some tube? I am just using your basic floor jack

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=2792

and some scrap lumber. I pulled my 350/203 combo this way and installed my 350/203/205.

-- A

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Ditto on the motorcycle lift. Bought it to use for my Harley and ended up using it regularly for the Blazer projects.

4. onetonbb74

onetonbb74 1/2 ton status

i filled a sandbox full of dirt and let the 203 just fall into the dirt. There pretty damn heavy and made of cast iron. mine was a 72 style that was in a 73 blazer and has a cast iron tail shaft housing also so i didn't care. All the others in the past i pulled with the tranny attached to even the weight and used a tranny jack(scizzor style) to lower it.

5. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Unfortunately I have lots of time some steel and no money. I would just like to get it so I could pull it by myself I am getting tired of my freinds whining about my big heavy transfer case

6. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status