Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

removing bushwackers/ cutting more

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by josh86k10, Apr 22, 2005.

1. josh86k10

josh86k10 1/2 ton status

Back in the day, when I thought my truck would always be mostly a street truck, I bought some Bushwacker cut-out flares. A few years, some ton axles, and a set of boggers later, I realize they are in the d@mn way. Well, despite my desire to remove them, I haven't as of yet because of all of the holes they would leave behind. So, I got to thinking. What if I just used the outline of the flares to cut my fenders out huge. I assume this would get well into the inner fenderwells, but that could be dealt with. What do ya'll think? Has anybody done this? Do you have pictures? With 6" springs, I wonder how big of a tire would fit? My truck is 250 miles away or I would just look, but one final question, is there anything behind them that would prevent me from doing this (aside from possibly having to tub the bed)?

2. 84mudmachine

84mudmachine 1/2 ton status

if you decide to remove them let me know and I might be willing to buy them off you.

3. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, I've already posted this pic twice today because this is the first time since before the axle swap that my truck has been sitting on four tires, but here ya go. 6" of lift with the front axle moved 1.5" forward, lots of trimming, and 18x39.5x15 Boggers.

Picture.jpg

4. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

man i love that sig line :D :D :D

5. 84mudmachine

84mudmachine 1/2 ton status