Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Removing center pin?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Sep 20, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

How you go about this? I am trying to work on the 1 front Skyjacker I got from Swanson52(other got lost by Fedex). I loosened up the nut it only has a few threads left but the pin just spins now.

2. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Clap down the spring packs and put a pair of vise grips on the smooth side of the pin. Lay them flat on the ground and start wrenching. Works all the time, and if it starts to spin just tighten up the vise grips. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I hope fed ex finds your other springs soon.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if that doesnt work, grind or torch one end off (being carefull not to hit the spring!) and you're done. If the nut is crusted on there, you're gonna need a new center pin anyway.

j

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Angle grinder and cutting wheel. Will take it off no problem. Center pins are cheap, and you might as well replace it while your in there.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm not worried about the saving the spring, and I doubt fedex will find it since I've had this one for about 5 months now. Swanson is still working on getting my money back to me last time I checked. But I am glad I didn't throw the one spring out cause I figured out what to do with it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm trying to get it down to just the last 2 springs so I can cut those down and use them in my planned 3/4 eliptical rear setup. I can't wait to get this project underway. 57" fords with 3/4 eliptical, should flex real nice.