Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Removing disks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rick, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Rick

Rick Registered Member

Can someone explain how to remove the discs, I have auto locking hubs on a 10 bolt, thanks

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

remove calipers and remove hubs screws and remove clip and washer and hub auto body assembly theres a nut in there somewhere- its large

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

never dealt with auto hubs, so someone can tell you how to get those out...but once the hubs are out you will need a special hub socket tool (the kinda that has 4-prongs on it)Then stick it in there and take off the first lock nut, then you need to take out the lock washer with a pair of needle nose pliars or a small screw driver. Once the washer is out, use the hub socket to take of the inner hub nut, once the inner hub nut is off, the entire hub/rotor assembly will come off..to take to rotor off, you need to drivew out the wheel studs....I just use a 3lb sledge and replace the ones that are FUBAR. Install is reverse of removal, but be sure you set the torque specs CORRECTLY on the innner nut or you will smoke the bearing or have a wobly wheel...I do mine by feel so I don't know what the exact torque for the inner nut is, but I think it is around 35-45#...

4. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

I would also like to know what the proper torque is for those wheel nuts, ive been doing mine by feel too but since I have a torque wrench i may as well use it