Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Removing doors

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FL84K5, Jul 23, 2003.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

For thos eof you that run doorless to and from the trail, what do you use for a driver side mirror? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

umm, a what??? Before I put the new fenders on, I mounted it on the front fender. I don't know were now. was thinking of mounting a small one on the a-piller

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I stuck a small fisheye mirror onto the hinge with two sided tape and let her fly. Didn't work worth a crap but it was " legal" /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

my neck /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

LOL @ zakk! The fisheye mirror sounds like a good idear. I don't care if it functional, just as long as its legal. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

how to remove your door:
    open door
    get BIG hammer... wait that's prolly the wrong way to go about it. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

get a mirror on a stick, and tape the stick part in line with the natural line of the windshield. attach with "the handy man's secret weapon" and your done. you can even colour match the secret weapon to your rig if you're so bold as to do. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

remember, if the women don't find you hansome, they should at least find you handy. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I think finding a cheap $10 kragen's mirror would be your best bet...

I put on tube doors... and then needed to come up with a way to mount mirrors to keep them legal as summer doors..
    I got 2" tube clamps, and found some $10 mirrors from Kragens that would work with the countersink and hole in the clamps. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I did the hinge pin deal. I have the old three leg mirrors. I just unbolt the head and bolt it in the hole for the top hinge. Works great. When I fold it it comes in the truck so no chance of dragging it on a tree.

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i'm used to mud , go forward young man. i never thought about mirrors, i was going to take my door;s off also. i love this site, don't even ask and still get help. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif