Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

removing front end

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mike race, Apr 18, 2000.

1. mike race

mike race 1/2 ton status

does anybody have a diagram of how to remove the front end- fenders, grill,bumper, It would make installing my 6.2 so much easier, straight shot in.

k5 broke but not dead

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    Unless you have a teardown manual (Chiltons, Hayes) i don't know of any others unless you have access to a factory service or body repair manual. The front is not that big of a deal. Worst case, just reinsert the bolts back into where you got them from. Or, use sandwich baggies and label them as to where they came from.

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I took the nose off my truck in one peice. I unbolted the cowl and the two bolts under it on each side, then the two bolts in the inner fenders, then the core suport mounts. It's heavy so get some freinds over to help. I think it's pretty much the same for the newer trucks, and this way you don't have to re-align everything afterwards.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Mike, as others said it is easy to do as a one peice. Well plus a couple extras, But who's counting. The easies way is to remove the hood, but put duck tape around outside edge of the bracket so you can re-install easier. Next remove the radiator. You'll have about Five bolt per side to remove (make sure you keep the shims organized to were they go for re-installing them. The bolts are "under core support you'll find two bolts","Bottom of fender bolt holding to Body tub(remember Shims)" "Top of fender (open door to see)(Remember shims)","The one in the Top of fender going strait down"&" inside each fender well (look from tire going up into the Tub is a bolt". Hvae the battery and the wireing harness moved out already and then get a couple of friends to help ya. It will come of at that time. IF anyone remembers a bolt I forgot can ya remind me. Thanks!!!

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"