Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

removing front spring/shackle bushings

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84k5, Sep 4, 2000.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I am going to install ORD greasable shackles. It looks easy enough, the only tricky part might getting the bushings out. I have the factory bushing in the upper shackle, and the skyjacker poly ones at both ends of the spring. I think the upper shackle bushing will fall out, but I think the spring bushings may not want to come out. They have only been there about a month, and rust is not a problem here,so will they be hard to get out? Whats an easy way to get them out? A torch isn't an option for me cause...uh...I'm accident prone. Thanks.

Brian
    84k5, 4"Skyjacker lift,33x12.5 Goodyear MT/R, 15x10 Bajas

2. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

both bushing sets should be easy to get out.

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

If you can't get them out try drilling holes around the bushing, this eases the tension on the bushing and you can knock them right out. I am getting ready to change the top front bushing on my blazer. I figure if I wait two more weeks they won't even be there anymore!!!

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

4. BI U JIMMY

BI U JIMMY Registered Member

I just installed the ORD greasable shackles and it was pretty straightforward. I drilled small holes around the metal in the bushing and they came out without much trouble.