Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Removing Grant GT Steering Wheel

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BurbinOR, Dec 9, 2000.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

How do ya do it? Have to replace my turn signal/cruise control lever and haven't taken my Grant off.........

Has all those allen bolts........is that the place to start?

Thanks in advance for the edumacation.........

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

2. FWP

FWP CRS

The horn button in the center unscrews. push down and turn. Oh BTW- pull the horn fuse first, the button holds the internal contact away from ground- You'll wake the neighbors while you're lookin for the fuse if ya don't[​IMG]

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I assume you mean the cap with all the allen bolts that covers the horn? Please clarify for me........and thanks.

Or do you mean literally just push the horn button in and turn?

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

4. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I just changed mine out the other day. I popped the horn button out and removed the 3 bolts that were under it. Off came the wheel. You don't need to pull out all of those allen bolts.

Smitty

5. FWP

FWP CRS

What Smitty said. Sorry I wasn't clear.

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status