Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Removing leafs from the pack??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5thatShmobs, Feb 21, 2003.

1. K5thatShmobs

K5thatShmobs 1/2 ton status

Im running 8" Skyjacker leafs all around and Im wondering about removing leafs from the spring packs for some more flex. What leafs are best to remove? Will I lose lift? Who has done this?

2. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Just as an FYI, I have 9" of lift in back consisting of 4" BDS springs, ORD 4" shackle flip, and a 1" relocating block.

I flipped the overload spring and lost about 1.5" of ride heigth. However, with the overload flipped, it rode better than ever. Another con would be the rest of the spring pack would probably deteriorate much faster without the overload.

3. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

i've done this to my 8s and it did drop my ride about 1-1 1/2. don't know exactly what i lost because i didn't measure before i did it.

the bottom leaf is what i took out along with the degree shim. better ride and alot softer on the trail.

just took awile to get use to the way it handles, kinda like when you take off the sway bar and drive it the first time.

4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

If you're after ride quality or flex, overloads first then start with the shortest leaf.
    I flipped the overload on my 3/4t Sub upside down ('cup' facing down). Made a huge improvement in rear ride quality w/o completely loosing overload capacity. Don't know if this will work on a K5 or not.