Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Removing Leaves from a 56" Spring Pack?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Swanson52, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Removing Leaves from a 56\" Spring Pack?

Has anyone done this (with aftermarket springs)? I am needing 2" of lift in the rear of my K30, and the only person that makes a 2" spring pack is Skyjacker, and at $400, I think I can do better. Will purchasing a 4" pack and removing a couple leaves affect the overall integrity of the spring to the point where the leaves will fatigue and break? This truck does not tow, no heavy hauling on a regular basis (a couch, engine, or axles now and then), and is not a hardcore crawler. It sees some flexing up, but nothing serious, mostly mud. I am after a 2" spring because I have 6" fronts, and a 4" shackle flip for the rear, and would like to get rid of the 1 ton pack and stay away from blocks. Any ideas?

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Re: Removing Leaves from a 56\" Spring Pack?

I ran into a guy a week back who had pulled a few leaves out of a 4" lift 56" pack. He was running a 2" ord flip with 4" up front.. dropped the leaves to try and even it out. It didn't drop as much as he wanted but he was pleased with the ride. It will wear them a little quicker like that though.