Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

removing rear cap side window glass

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gravdigr, Nov 19, 2005.

1. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Since my '79 K5 will never have the cap back on I'm going to scrap it (the cap). I can cut up the fiberglass and throw it in the dumpster. A friend of mine told me I could probably sell the side windows on ebay. What would be the best way for me to remove the glass for selling? It's the sliding window type.

ty in advance.

BTW I am not selling the glass here so don't ask. I just want an answer without getting the thread locked ;)

2. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

I think you can just pull the weather stripping out and the window should come out without much hassle...ive heard its similar to a windshield but ive never messed with it...

I tried to PM you about your top...im wanting to do a little project and could use a couple parts of it (the first 3 inches from the cab and last 6" where the glass goes into it). I dont know if you would be willin to ship them or if shippin would even be worth it but PM me if you can about it if you think you might be willing.

3. bobalob

bobalob 1/2 ton status

I cut fiberglass then stuck a screwdriver in where seal comes together seperated it then peeled it out this was a solid side pane and I shouldn't have wasted the time because it's been sitting behind the shed for 6 months and I will probably just throw it away.