Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Removing Remote start?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Apr 20, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

When I purchased my truck, it had a Clifford Smart Remote Start III...It didn't work from day 1...Now that I am converting to manual, I won't ever need it, even if it worked. My question is this...What wires to remote starters tap into...? What is the best way to go about removing it? Basically, I no next to nothing about wiring and electrical issues and I want my truck to start when I finish with the conversion in a couple weeks...

Chris

2. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

I installed a audivox remote start on mine.. Do you have any small dip swithes mounted anywhere?

You should have a small 4x6 box under the dash somewhere, Y ou can just start tracing the wires from there. If you can't find it, I know I wired to the light switch, Tach signal, brake switch, two wires to the battery, one to a hood switch, and one to a key on hot. Look them up on the web and they should have a schematic to help you.

Hope this helps,,,

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Ya, there is like a4"x6" box under teh steering column and there is a lighted rocker switch (ON-OFF-MOMENTARY ON) to the right of my light swith...I will see what I can get form clifford...

Chris

4. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Why not try to make it work? If it's already in place use it. Just add a clutch interlock switch for your conversion.

5. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Send me some email if you need any help. I can get the complete wiring diagram for your vehicle and the remote start.