Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Removing Strips

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by IDGMC, Mar 14, 2007.

1. IDGMC

IDGMC 1/2 ton status

Hey guys any auto paint gurus out there? I'm looking at buying my bosses 2004 silverado. If I do I'd like to have some stylish strips removed. I was looking at them today and it looks like they are painted over the clear coat. Is there anyway to remove them without hurting the clear under? Also he has the good old chrome rocker panel stuck on there...those will have to go as well and ideas for removing the goo left behind? Other then that nice truck with all the options including heated leather seats....to keep my tooshy comfy

2. Elevator Man

Elevator Man 1/2 ton status

My DD is an 04 Silver-a-do Z71 I took the plastic molding off the doors they come off really easy just pullem off. You can get an bit for a drill that is like a pencil eraser, its about the size of a snuff can and probly a inch thick. put a little turtle wax on the goo then buff it with the eraser. that works preety good!

3. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

if it is painted on top, you might try some brake cleaner, then wax the shine back.