Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Removing tailgate emblems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cavalry, Mar 3, 2001.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    I have a few of the Aluminum tailgate covers. My best one however is for a Jimmy( I have a blazer) I want to take off the stick on emblems and just have a clean surface. Anyone have any ideas that wont screw up the finnish?

Luke
    84 K5
    [​IMG]

2. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

I have a jimmy and just took off the aluminum piece that has the GMC emblem on it. Unfortunitly for you, they aren't just stick on, there are three studs that hold the GMC emblem on, so when you take it off, there will be three holes in the aluminum piece. So you should pick your best blazer one and use that one.

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

If you're really stuck on having that brushed-look trim plate, you could find a fabricator who deals with aluminum, and have them cut a piece that you could stick on over the original to cover the holes. Have them brush it so it looks like the original. Just an idea, I don't know if it would work.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!