Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Removing upper door hinge

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rampage, Aug 2, 2001.

1. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

How do I remove the upper door hinge? One of the bolts goes from the inside of the pillar out and I don't see how to access the bolt head. Why did GM design it this way? Was it too hard for them to put all the bolts on the same way or does this have something to do with my blinker fluid?

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

GM scoured the planet for highly trained engineers that could take any bolt and put it in the least accessible place possible. However, through years of research at the prestigious Arizona driveway proving grounds, I have found that on most models, this particular fastener is obscured by the blinker fluid cooler, and requires an exorcism for proper removal. Seriously though, if I remember right, it's real easy to get to from the interior kick panel[​IMG]

Generic Signature
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

There is a hole up under the dash to access the bolt. It might have a plastic cover over the whole. I use a deep socket with a universal joint and long extension to get them out.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

4. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

i had to remove some of my ducting to get at the drivers side bolt, and make sure that socket has s tight fit or that bolt'll just flop around. and don't get none of that blinker fluid on ya!