Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rene is Home!! (Rene Needs Help - WY/UT Area - Twiztid to the Rescue)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Gandolf, May 21, 2001.

1. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

Rene is currently in Fort Steel, Wyoming and the pivot bolt to his alternator sheared off. The spacer fell out and it is lost. He jerry rigged it together and is still driving, but he needs these parts before the temporary repair gives out.

If you can help, He needs the pivot bolt and spacer, plus a spare alternator belt (The way he has it rigged, the current belt is wearing on it's side and probably won't last too long). Trusty is a 1981 K5.

As of 6:30pm PST, Rene was in Wyoming, on I-80 East, and will be passing thru Rock Creek, Evanston, Ogden, then Brigham City.

If you or anyone can scrounge up these parts and get them to him, that would be the awesome.

Rene will be calling me every couple of hours while I try to get him help. I'm in California or I'd do it myself.

If you can help with a solution, then send me a PM with your phone number and I will call you.

Thanks for the help.

PS. Other than this, he's do'in great!!

'89 K5 Silverado..."You can’t have a real adventure, unless the outcome is truly uncertain".

2. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Re: Rene Needs Help

Gotta prayer going out to Rene! Hang in there ...

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Re: Rene Needs Help - Wyoming/Utah Area

Aw man! I wish I could help! Someone has got to live in that area!

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

ok where is that thing we all filled out as to where we live????its really needed right now

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer see it at:<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569>http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569</A>

5. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

I talked with Twiztid (Eric) and he is about an hour away. He has the bolt and is looking for the spacer. He may have to make one out of some tubing.

I talked to Rene again and he did find an auto parts store and bought a belt, but struck out on the bolt and spacer. It was 5 minutes from closing.

Rene will be calling me again in about 30 minutes (check the time of this post).

Also, if anyone reading this post is close and can help, still send me a PM, so if something doesn't work out, I can call you quickly. Thanks.

'89 K5 Silverado..."You can’t have a real adventure, unless the outcome is truly uncertain".

6. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I am 1 hour west of Rock Springs, and only 2 miles off the interstate.

just sent gandolf a pm.

I have an 89, and have offered to let him take the parts off mine if they will fit. I can prelace them tomorrow.

I broke my hand yesterday so I can't take the parts off.

I'd also like to fill him up on soda and munchies...

<font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue>

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I believe this is Jeff (solowookie) and Twiztid's area. Considering I have those parts in my garage minus the belt I wish I was closer.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

8. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

hmm if he runs i 80 to i 84 t to i 82 to i 90 then hits i 5 instead of i 84 to i 5 i think hell save time and then he'll go wiht in a 1/4 mile of my place and looks like is the faster route
    plus i can load him with food for the rest of the trip

Bandit aka AJ
    Ahh look at that cute little jeep i think my 3yr old niece has one like that KNOW MOVE IT OUT OF THE WAY!

9. Pure Insanity

i just sent twiz an email hopefully he gets it.

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer see it at:<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569>http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569</A>

10. Pure Insanity

well iguess i shoulda read the thread instead of scrollin to the bottom and typing.i reread the thread and twiz has already been contacted.oops!

PURE INSANITY

11. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

If you send a PM, try to stay off your phones. Both Rene and I are getting answering machines and busy signals. Thanks

12. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

where he at now iwahts he route home too?

Bandit aka AJ
    Ahh look at that cute little jeep i think my 3yr old niece has one like that KNOW MOVE IT OUT OF THE WAY!

13. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Not to change the topic or anything, but hey solo: how did you break your hand? Sorry to hear that. I bet typing sucks now.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

14. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

Well, Rene has talked with Eric (Twiztid) and they are meeting up at a Chevron station near Eric's house. Rene seems confident the temporary repair will last the 3 1/2 to 4 hours it will take to get him there. It has been OK the last 100 or so miles. Rene is now in Wyoming, on I-80 West, with about 50 miles to go to Rock Springs.

Thanks again Eric for your willingness to get out there and help Rene.

Also thanks to Solowookie, IgK5 and Bandit for your offers of help.

CK5 has once again proven it's value. No matter where you are, help is there if you ask for it. Pretty Cool!!

15. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear is hes al ready to go know [​IMG] i was geting worried i was going ot have ot drive down there my self [​IMG]
    I still want to know his route [​IMG]

Bandit aka AJ

16. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

yea, typing does suc...

the official story is I broke it working on my house...

the real story is I got mad and hit a wall (trying to remodel it while I was mad LOL )... I feel like a complete idiot! [​IMG]

I am usally a very level headed person, and I've never come even close to getting that mad before. [​IMG]

actually the thing that really makes me sad is I won't be able to do my lift now. I'm gonna have to hire it done [​IMG] [​IMG]

<font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue>

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Yea, that is bad Solo. Don't feel bad though. I'll be the first person to admit that when I get mad I hit stuff, throw things and yell alot. I figure I can either do that or go outside and kick someones ass up and down the street, so I choose the prior. lol

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

18. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

i have that bad habbit to i tend to hit things when i get mad i usly dont have a windshield in my balzers for more then 1/2 year due to be punching it out its a really bad thing to do but im geting better and stoping my slef from doing that after you breack all your nuckles like 5 times you learn not too know there all flat and ugly couse i was to embarresed to go in to teh doctor the last time

Bandit aka AJ

19. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Yea, you just reminded me. I got a dash from a junkyard Blazer that was in really good shape. Put it in and then a few weeks later the engine died and some other crap happened. I got mad and hit the dash and put a crack in it. I know its stupid, but I can't help it. Something my girlfriend definitely doesn't understand. Part of being a guy I guess...[​IMG]

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

20. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

i know exaclty how its loss one of my closes friends becouse she didnt like the fact i hit stuff and said it scared her being trying to re gain her freindsship fo r a year know and my girlfrind know gets all pissed at me when i hit something and that makes me madder its lose lose situawation (spelling)

Bandit aka AJ