Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rene stopped by my house Fri. night!!! *He's finally home!*

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by thatK30guy, May 19, 2001.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Rene stopped by my house Fri. night!!! *He\'s finally home!*

Yep, the Carpal Tunnel was here around 11:30 p.m. to visit. He pulled up in tRusty and we chatted until he left around 2:00 a.m. Very cool and great guy!

For those who dont know: Rene is from Surrey, BC, Canada on his way to Round Rock, Texas to pick up an 82 Blazer from rocko. He left Thursday morning and is visiting with a few other members along the way. He will be stopping by again possibly on Sunday morning. Cant wait to see him again! [​IMG]

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by thatK30guy on 05/23/01 03:12 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

Re: Rene stopped by my place tonight!!!

Yea, Rene is a great guy. I talked to him on the phone Thursday night around 10pm, and he was already in Utah. He's making good time...driving almost 24 hours a day. His goal is BC, Canada to Texas in about 2 1/2 days. It's around 2,500 miles. He's gonna have a sore butt!! The '82 he's picking up from Rocko will become tRusty v2.0. The original tRusty is towing it home to Surrey.

'89 K5 Silverado..."You can’t have a real adventure, unless the outcome is truly uncertain".

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

WOW!!! Rene is sure haul'n right along... I figured you'd be going along with him Wes [​IMG] LOL. I think we need one of those maps w/ a little trusty on it that we can click on and see where's Rene LOL.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

4. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

So he's on his way then. Tell him to have a save trip for me Wes.
    Joe

<font color=green>Joe Angelicchio
    86 Jimmy 4+3, 35-&gt;39.5 tires,4spd
    </font color=green>
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Yah, so the trip is going good so far? I'm glad. We are meatinh up with him and muddin4fun tonight for dinner, along with to other cuople that I regularly wheel with!!!, So, what do you think we talk about???

[​IMG]
    http://autotronixcaraudio.com

6. thatK30guy

LOL! Hmmmm........I wonder what you guys would talk about too!!! [​IMG] All we talked about were people who wore no pants! [​IMG] J/K!

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!

7. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I'd assume you'll find something to talk about... I don't think thats hard to figure out w/ fellow K5ers... lol [​IMG]

<font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue>

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Still awaiting Rene's arrival...It's 10:25am. He said his estimate should have put him here in Round Rock around 10am to 12pm.
    Will keep everyone posted.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com>http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com</A>

9. thatK30guy

I was VERY SURPRISED last night when he showed up!!! [​IMG] All week he was telling me he was going to stop here on the way back so I could see his "new" blazer. LOL! He said he tried calling from Hays, but the line was busy! LOL! I was in the chat room! [​IMG] So he took a chance of coming over here to see if I might be awake. I sure was, and boy, was I surprised to see tRusty outside the window!!! [​IMG]

10. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

It's like trying to "clock" santa when we were kids.

"well if he's over newyork right now, then he should be... Mom how far is new york from us?"

Twiztid

11. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

That is really cool. And a ton of driving. I don't even know if I'd want to do 2500 miles in my daily driver....not evennnnn the K5. I think I'd be hearing the hum of Flowmasters for about a month if I did that. Hey is tRusty going through Wichita??? It would be cool to see him.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

12. thatK30guy

Yeah, he went thru Wichita last night. I sent him there to I-135 from here by going on Highway 14 to Hutchinson and then on Highway 96 to Wichita. He probably saved about 45 minutes of road time rather than going on I-70 to K-135 and then down to you. Why not go stand somewhere along side the interstate with a big sign "hey tRusty, stop here" and just wait for him? LOL! [​IMG]

13. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

Nothing I like better then starting out on the open road in search of an adventure. Never realized Rene lived so close. Spend a lot of time in BC searching their salvage yards for parts, much cheaper then in US with exchange rate figured in.
    Wish him luck and I may have to look him up when he returns, gotta see his new find.

87 K5, D60 & 14FF, 5 sp & NP208 & 383 stroker. Build it Bulletproof and take it fishing!

14. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

You and Rene togeather, oh man, after being in the chat with you guys I can just imagine what you guys could talk about. Buy the way Wes my dana 60 is sitting here now. Pick up the 14ff and 10 bolt tomarrow. Later.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>

15. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I'll prolly have to pass on that sign idea. lol Anyways I wish I would've known about his little trip ahead of time. Hell, I'd buy him an extra value meal or something on his way back if I knew what time he was rollin' through. lmao

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

16. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Least did ya have pants on when the poor guy came to the door? [​IMG]

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</A>

17. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

LOL -calgirl

When he comes back and travels north on I-15 threw Utah- I'll keep an eye out for him. (if thats the way he plans on going)

Good luck Rene

Twiztid

18. thatK30guy

Yeah, I had my pants on!!! [​IMG] We even got in the chat room last night and chatted with some members. He told everybody I had my pants on too. [​IMG]
    When he got here, he surprised me cuz he told me earlier he was stopping by here on the way back home. I told Muddin of the sign I was going to hang in the yard to welcome him home. I got a piece of plywood and spray painted "Boyce Equipment" on it. Just so he would know he found the right place! LOL! But he showed up early! I am still going to put it out tomorrow morning for him to see when he gets back here again!!! [​IMG]

19. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Twiztid..
    Rene is here.. he saw your post.. he said where about's are you? He is going through Wyoming on the way back headed through Evanston...
    Then off to Ogden.. so if your close to Salt Lake,, he can't make it.. Let me know.. and If he calls.. I'll give him your number.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com>http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com</A>

20. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

im surprised "carpel tunnel" didnt ask to get on CK5!!!! lol jk

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/>http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/</A>
    <font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    [​IMG]