Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rental car in Seattle for under 25 yrs old

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dhcomp, Apr 9, 2007.

1. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Ok, so i need your guys's help on something. I'm flying into seattle on may 18th, flying out on may 20th. I'm going to a waterski tournament, and trying to do the whole trip on mileage. I booked a united ticket, but the problem is with the car.

All the car companies will rent to me (I'm 21), but charge $25 a day additional as an "under 25" fee. The rental is only 16-20 a day, so the fee is more than the rental.
    Enterprise is a more reasonable fee, but i cant' rent from them on mileage. To rent on my mileage, it has to be from hertz, avis, alamo, dollar, budget, or national.

Anyone have a trick or a method to not pay this underage fee? I hate to pay $200 to rent a car that should cost like $80.

Thank guys!

2. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

damn, no one?

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

none of them that I know of. and no real way around it unless someone else rents the car and picks it up for you.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I've watched enough People's Court and Judge Judy to know that is a recipe for disaster...

gonna have to suck it up or use public trans,

j