Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Renton

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by kennyw, Apr 14, 2005.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

My sister is going to be starting a job in Renton next month and I'm looking for some input on an area to live that would be a good place to live as far as crime/commute/expense... Anyone have any input?

2. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

dont live in the highlands thats all I have to say. I lived there for about 3 months when i first moved up here. my car got broken into twice in that time.

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Not many "good" places. If she is going to live in an apartment. I would suggest renting a room in a house in that area.....

4. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

I grew up in that area( Kennydale N. of Renton )Have her look over by Newcastle,a little less crime.Stay away from Skyway,the Highlands,anywhere Downtown . Good luck when I left there 7 years ago, rent on a 1 bd. was $780 mo.

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I live right near Eagle Ridge. Guy I commuted with was paying something like $550/month. I don't think it's still that low, but it's low comparatively. $750+ is about the average around here. (Zip 98058 or 98055)

I know there is crime there, but the cost has to somewhat mitigate that. There is crime everywhere here. I know people paying $850 for single bedroom apartments and theft is a constant problem in that area. My carpooling friends cars or apartment was never broken into, and he never mentioned any problems that his meighbors had with theft, etc. Domestic issues, but heck, the people that own the house behind me have that problem, and I guarantee they pay more than $850/month. :)

Tough call because it depends what she is looking for, but I think that's about the cheapest place around that isn't totally run down and crime ridden.

My girlfriend is looking at apartments in this general area as well, if you want I can try to put your sister in touch with her, I don't think she'd mind emailing about apartments. My girlfriend is very picky about places, (crime, location, cost, parking, amenities) and she's been REALLY looking over apartments a lot lately. I'd consider her an expert at this point. :)

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Sure, PM me an email address I can give my sister to contact her.