Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Repair manual

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trailblazr81, Oct 19, 2005.

1. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Ive tried E-Bay, Helm inc, and GM...I cant find a factory service/repair manual. I want something better than the Chilton or Hayes that covers 15 years of vehicles. I want the best service/repair manual for my 73 Chevy K20 pickup. Where can I find something?? :dunno:

2. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Found this... http://www.lloydsautolit.com/item.cgi?id=3479 but is $53 for a used book AND says "...Information on disassembly and assembly of major components is in the 1973 Chev Car and Light Duty Truck Overhaul Manual and wiring diagrams are published in a separate booklet." :doah:
    So I would have to get 2 other books to go with it. That would get pricey!!

3. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

As for ebay, you just have to keep checking. I looked off and on for a while. Then one night I tried : GM R/V factory service manual, (mines an 89) and found several. I ended up with 2 of the 3 book manuals, minus the electrical diagram. Mines actually for a 90 or 91, but I figured there were not enough changes to worry about it.

They can be hard to track down for those of us who are not willing to shell out the cover price for 'em. :wink1:

4. BadBob

BadBob 1/2 ton status

I believe that Chevy Duty in Kansas City has both the factory service manuals and the wiring diagram books you want. I don't remember how much they run though.