Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Repair Manual

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blk-k5, Nov 9, 2006.

1. blk-k5

blk-k5 Newbie

I'm the new owner of an '87 K5 and was just wondering if they had a haynes or chilton repair manual or anything of the sort? thanks

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Yes, you can find a haynes or chilton manual at any auto parts house or if they do not have one on the shelf they can order one for you. You can also look in ebay and usually find the factory service manuals

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I'd recommend against either one of those. The wiring diagrams alone are a pain to deal with (too generic usually) and the info is usually just summarized out of the GM manual.

Helms sells them, usually pricey, but you can as mentioned check ebay for the manuals. Make sure it's not for the S10 though, as they were considered "light duty trucks" just like the full-sizes, and the manuals cover/title is very similar. (or at least were early on in the 80's)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  4. 89K5guy

89K5guy 1/2 ton status

Check Ebay.I bought a service manual for the 1990 year even though my K5 is an 89.It is close enough.Lots of info.:bow: I highly recommend it over a chiltons or haynes.

5. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

For the $15 it will cost you, the Chiltons is good enough to get you by.

But only for long enough to find a factory manual! If you don't need it RIGHT NOW, then just shop eBay for the factory manuals.