Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

repair or replace doors?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bear76, Mar 24, 2006.

1. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

My 91 has a little (so far) rot at the bottom of the doors. It's staring a hole on the passenger side and the seams at the bottom of both doors are crumbing. I've seen patch panels for the front and back and one that looks like it's the whole bottom 1/6th of the door. Would you replace or repair, and why?

Thanks

2. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I'd replace them, its easier. Just make sure you find a set with no rust:D

3. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

i would also say replace aftermarket doors are cheap, i payed $90 each for mine from a local bodyshop.

4. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

Did you know someone or did you just walk in and ask how much are your doors? Also, how easy was it swap all the door/window hareware? I have power windows, if it makes a difference.

5. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

the guy had done work on some of my family's vehicle's and i brought in a set of doors for him to look at to see if he could repair and he told me he could get them for about $100 bucks new. so i told him to order them and when i went to pick them up he said they were only $90 each.

i can't tell how easy getting the windows in was because i don't run windows but all the locks and other hardware was easy, getting the doors to line up was a little bit of a pain in the arse