Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

repair panel

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rooster53, May 4, 2003.

1. Rooster53

Rooster53 Registered Member Premium Member

I have a 1988 K5. In 2 weeks I am repairing the floors. While I was removing the interior I found a spot that needs to be repaired. The loction is behind the driver seat were the floor meets the wall, its the panel were the seat belt bolts to the wall. LMC has a part# 38-7912 called footwell. Is this the right part? If I can get pictures tomorrow, I will put them in.
    Thanks,
    Tom

2. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

I was on your exact situation. I ordered a couple of those. The pic in the catalog is very deceiving. It is not what you think it is- it is the footwell for the front seat- the kickpanel.
    I even posted up on here and asked folks if they thought it was for the back...which they did. Like I said, bad pic. Don't make my mistake. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

get you some 16gauge sheet metal and a big pair of sheet metal sheers make your own panel. Its not to bad of ajob, done it in my silver 87, getting ready to do my other 87. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Rooster53

Rooster53 Registered Member Premium Member

Thanks for your help guys. That will deffintly save me some time and frustration.
    Tom