Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Replace the parts for sale section...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CK5, Apr 22, 2004.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The guys who produce our photo gallery just came out with a classified ad software, it currently does not have a seller rateing but might in the future, anyway is this something you might be interested in? Not sure what I would do with the parts wanted forum though? Here is a link to the press: http://photopost.com/class/

Pros, cons, is this worth it?

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

thier link shows for sale and wants adds both running that way, Looks cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Haha, in my haste I forgot about that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I first looked at this a few months ago, they just came out with it today and I didn't re-look at it.

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

thats what we're here for,LOL

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I didn't vote because I'm pretty neutral on it. It's cheap enough, but I would just as soon see the current forums broken up into a finer grained category system. Something like "Vehicles", "Wheels-n-Tires", "Drive Train", "Body", and "Interior" would help find the stuff your really interested in, especially since so many people are SO bad at writing subjects. I don't see much real benefit to it except for the column break down at the top level.

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I dont like it... would be just like adding 10 more specific forums... I think it would take too long to go through them all (either managing 10 for sales or looking through all the forums for stuff) /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I'd prefer classified ads where you either send a PM or Email rather than replying in a public forum. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I like it the way it is, since those forums are included with these it's easy to look over them... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I didn't vote because I'm pretty neutral on it. It's cheap enough, but I would just as soon see the current forums broken up into a finer grained category system. Something like "Vehicles", "Wheels-n-Tires", "Drive Train", "Body", and "Interior" would help find the stuff your really interested in, especially since so many people are SO bad at writing subjects. I don't see much real benefit to it except for the column break down at the top level.

[/ QUOTE ]

im with Bad on this one, im neutral, i really dont see much at all wrong with the current setup other than it needing ot be specifically broken down to categories of parts/vehicles for sale

i take it admins are looking for ways to keep extra posats and replies form being posted on the forum, thats about all that would happen by swapping over to this other style setup.

if theres a problem with space then maybe deleted threads should actually delete for real for once finally instead of just saying they are deleted when you "delete" them

just my $.02

good luck

10. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this too.

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I don't mind the way the forum runs now. Matter of fact, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. My opinion only. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i see now reason to change it, i like ck5 for sale section over anyones elses. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

edit: one thing i like about the forum type, is if the seller forgets to put something in, usually someone else will ask and you can find out by reading hte entire thread. also you can see if a certain part has sold.

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't mind the way the forum runs now. Matter of fact, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. My opinion only. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

14. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Me too, although I am not in the for sale forum alot /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

15. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't mind the way the forum runs now. Matter of fact, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. My opinion only.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur.

16. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Once upon a long time ago, we did have different sub catagories of the for sale forums.

I like the way they run now but would like to see it broken down to 3 sub catagories:
    Misc parts
    Tires and Wheels
    Vehicles

Just throwing my suggestion out.

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

It used to be that way.

18. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, to hell with new stuff! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

19. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Ah hell, I already replied! I need to put down the whiskey! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

20. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I say leave it alone. Like a wise man once said.
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif