Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

replaced prop valve: No Luck!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mich89k5, Nov 1, 2000.

1. mich89k5

mich89k5 Registered Member

I am clueless now!!!! I really thought that the proportioning valve was the problem,but apparently not. My balzer pulls to the right big time, and I have replaced everytninhg brake related except the booster. I just took my blazer for a test drive after replacing the prop. valve and master cylinder and the first 5 stops were pretty straight, but after that it was back to pulling to the right. I bench bled the master cylinder, so that is not a factor. Besides other suggestions to check I was wondering about the rubber button on the valve. I went to push it and it wasn't sticking out like I remember the original had. I'm looking at the old one right now and it doesn't stick out anymore either now that it's off the blazer. Is this just because it's not hooked up or does it only come out when the brake pedal is pressed? Please if you guys have any other suggestions besides the prop. vlave then let me know. When I had the balljoints replaced the shop said my bearings looked great. Could it be the spindle or rotor or hubs. I'm basically second-guessing everything that I replaced now, becasue I have replaced everything and still no luck.

2. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Sorry Mich,

I still think you may have a valve problem ... especially since you said you got 5 straight lines . You may have dislogged some trash, which may have blocked it again.

Not sure what to do at this point though. Maybe someone else can help.

3. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Check the wheel bearings yourself. Also just cuase they look good does'nt mean they are adjusted right. On my buddies k-10 the pin on the nut was broken off allowing it to not lock and come lose. Pads could also be contaminated.

4. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

could the rotors be warped in a weird way, or the spindle bent? have you had it aligned?

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Another thought - could the calipers be "sticking"? Have you ever had the calipers rebuilt?

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com