Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

replaceing power windo moter

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by James90, Dec 6, 2000.

1. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

what have you got to do to replace the windo moter of a blazer one of mine is dead and the outher is on its last leg so I want to replace them

but I dont know what I need to do and where do I need to get them form?

thanks guy

James

[​IMG]Go prepared

http://www.trailblazer90.coloradok5.com

2. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I got my motors from Autozone for about $40 each...a Haynes manual is helpful...the hardest part (besides getting the door panel off) is compressing the spring on the arm...I used zip ties rather than drill a hole in the gear as indicated in the manual...the first door took about 2 hrs...I did the other one in about 45 minutes...it ain't that hard, just takes a lot of patience and skinny arms...I lubed everything while I was in there also...good luck...JD

3. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Yeah its kinda like an IQ test![​IMG] Keep at it though, it will come out of the door its just a lot of wiggling and contorting your hands, wrist, and arm into un-natural positions! [​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

5. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

I don't know. My room-mate got bored and decided to put mine in while I was outta town. But the bastard changed the one on the passenger side. He is a smart-a$$ little SOB. He did that just to bug the piss outta me. But he said it wasn't that hard.

I miss my Ex, but my aim is getting better!
    http://mccordhouse.freeservers.com

6. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Around the edges of the door there are some screws. Inside the arm-lean there are 2 screws, then theres the two holding the strap.
    The clips along the window can be picked with the window down, from the outside. They bend esaly but just bend them back before installing again. Disconect the lock and window switches from the backside of the panel.
    If you want the regulator asembly out it,s 4 bolts. Slide it out of the sash-channels, and then rotate it out through the biggest hole in the upper corner. The motor has a disconect plug at the bottom of the door that you will see when you have it upp alitle. The window will slide to the bottom of the door but if your carefull you should be able to hold it upp with one hand, while your manuvering the regulator out.
    [​IMG]

http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com

7. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I didn't remove my windows either...I used a small clamp to hold the window up...I pinched it from over the top of the door using a folded over "Shammy" and a couple small blocks of wood...just barely tighten enough to hold the window...that way, instead of holding it up with one hand, I was able to get scratches on Both arms...my window channels had also dried/gunked up, so I got the door felt from the dealer for $45 or so each (don't exactly remember)...the channel in the vent window frame/unit is pricey, so just cleaned it up ...I also put accoustimat in the doors a while back...you can get enough to do both doors with some left over for $60...it made a difference...might be something to consider while yer gonna take the doors down that far anyways...also Check your grounds...let us know how it turns out...JD

8. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

How and can you replace one of the nylon wheels that go in the track? I was trying (not very succesfuly) to clean the tracks so my window will close faster. I notices that one of the wheels was cracked and not spinning. Can you buy these? How do I get it in there, it looks riveted. How do you get the whole track out (or do I need to?)

9. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

thanks for the info guys

I have taken the door panles off before but that has with the windos down how do I get the windo down to take the door panles off with my windo moters being dead?

and would it be easyer to do this if I take the windos out if so how do I do this?

thanks agine guys

[​IMG]Go prepared

http://www.trailblazer90.coloradok5.com