Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Replacement bed parts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by veris, Apr 17, 2004.

1. veris

veris Registered Member

My project for the spring is to fix the bed of the blazer (stock 87). The guy i bought it off, did a crappy job of patching it, rivited plates /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

I saw jjlaughner post, which looks awsome, but i dont have nearly that much to fix. Only the back half of the bed(wheel wells back)and tailpan

Where can i get quality patch pannels, from former posts it looks like jcwhitney and LMC suck. Found one positive post on Goodmark Ind., how about oem?

Since I don't have that much sheetmetal to buy, price is not a big deal.

Any input would be appreciated, thanks

2. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

You can get a quite a few parts from http://www.chevyduty.com or http://www.yearone.com they have a lot of GM NOS parts. I've ordered from Chevy Duty before, they have good quality stuff at a reasonable price, plus their shipping is FAST!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I have rust in the back of my Jimmy from the tailgate to just before the wheelwells. My dad and I looked into buying the replacement pieces and welding them in, but the price was extremely expensive! That was before I new about these places mentioned on here. We ordered just the piece that the tailgate hinges bolt on because the tailgate wouldn't close all the way so it would rattle like hell! I still have it in the shop, practicing welding so I can get 'er in finally... good luck /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif