Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Replacement body panels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 442man, Feb 26, 2002.

1. 442man

442man Newbie

I'm looking into buying a 1977 K-5 Blazer. The body is quite thoroughly rusted around the wheel wells and hood, but what catches my eye is the 350 4-speed, and the very cheap price. The hood and all four wheel wells are eaten, but at least the cab floors are good and the thing runs and drives relatively well.
    When I first saw the condition of the vehicle, I didn't think too much about buying it, but last night, out of boredom, I decided to do a check on replacement body panels. When I saw the prices, my jaw dropped to the floor. Looking on http://www.4autobodyparts.com , full front fenders $36?!?! (previously $64) This sounds WAY too good to be true ... (I have a '71 cutlass as well, and the restoration catalog lists ones for my car at $300 apiece! ) Are these repro panels from that website awful quality?

Anyway, my question is about how much would it be to replace all four fenders on the thing? Is there any vendor out there that sells fenders that are decent quality, yet still cheap? (Patch panels on the rear quarters probably won't cut it, there is rust along the top as well, I had some difficulty locating repro full rear quarter panels...)
    I'm not looking for show-quality sheetmetal here, just something that will look pretty good on a daily driver that will see some offroading at least.
    One more thing: The windshield is cracked across the center. The guy wants $600, but I doubt he will sell it for that much (the large amount of rust is kind of a turnoff). What do you think?
    Chris

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I don't know much about the cheapo Taiwan fenders for $36 except that freight will kill you.
    I just bought two new Goodmark fenders for $75 each. Try to find a place you can buy them locally as shipping ruins the deal.
    -- Mike

See <font color=orange> Project Old Orange! </font color=orange><a target="_blank" href=http://users3.ev1.net/~mattell/>CLICK</a>

3. BAD LUCK 79'

BAD LUCK 79' 1/2 ton status

go to www.lmctruck.com and order a free cataloge..

some of the prices
    rocker panles inner / outer 6.95/19.95
    wheel wells front 39.95
    front fender and rear bed side are a bit expensive but replacement tips arn't to bad... 12.95 for front fender tips to 39.95 on the bed side replacement tips.... some of the prices are decent... especially here in florida.... parts for trucks are expensive....

BAD LUCK is better than no luck at all!!!!
    Is it bad that my truck is older than my wife?