Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

replacement exhaust system

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by scrappyk5, Jul 16, 2004.

1. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

does anyone know where i can find a kit that comes with everything needed to replace my exhaust system on my
    1984 k5 305 ?.
    i am talking from where it bolts to the manifold then all the way back to the tip. just stock.
    anyone ?

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Scrappy, I can set you up, shoot me a PM. I carry performance and OE exhaust /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I believe this is the right URL...
    rock auto

However, I checked into pieces for my system (I have the stock diesel duals) and they were outrageously expensive, compared to what you can have bent up, or even make yourself. Not saying they are ridiculously priced, since they are the ONLY ones I've seen that seem to sell "stock" replacement pieces.

My parts manual doesn't go back to 1984, but unless there were changes in a K5 exhaust between '84 and '86, I can probably supply you with some part numbers. No telling if they are good still, and more than likely, just as expensive as rockauto.

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

You really should swing by a couple exhaust shops for quotes, too. I had a complete system bent up for a few years back that cost me less installed than doing it myself would have been. They get the tubing and stuff really cheap and bend it up real fast.

5. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

mudfrog gave me real good prices on all parts neened
    to put back to oem , but i am going to this one shop on
    monday to see if they can fix the mess first.
    the p.o. really made a mess of it with flex pipe and coat hangers . /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the p.o. really made a mess of it with flex pipe and coat hangers

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you know the ridges in the flex pipe help extract the exhaust gasses from the manifolds and the coat hangers will last a lot longer than the factory style rubber bushings. I can't believe you're going to tear out such a sweet system for a stock setup /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif