Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Replacement flooring '89 GMC Jimmy (fullsize)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigcitybrianwright, Mar 25, 2005.

1. bigcitybrianwright

bigcitybrianwright Registered Member

I want to take the hardtop off seasonally. What's a good replacement flooring that will withstand the weather. My carpet's in good shape, but I imagine not for long if I keep this top off regularly.

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Rip out your carpet and put down some kind of bedliner. Everyone has their favorite, but some examples are: Line-x. Rhinoliner, Herculiner. Also your side panels (made out of cardboard) will not stand up to much weather, might want to look into making your own, or just taking them out altogether...or just waituntil they fall apart like I did.

But then again...With a good soft top you wouldn't have to do any of that, should keep everything dry. ;)

3. bigcitybrianwright

bigcitybrianwright Registered Member

What's the best soft top to get? I really want one to match my truck which is the original navy blue ('89 blue/grey paint scheme). Fat chance, I'm sure.

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

www.offroaddesign.comthere's a link for specialty top company on their site I think, many colors available.