Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

replacement fuel line help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Citizen Rider, May 23, 2006.

1. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Im putting in a new quadrajet. The fuel line going from the Fuel pump on the block to the carb is twisted from the PO. My guess is that it will twist more when i go to take it off.

How have people replaced this?

2. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

You can buy a new line from LMC, or just go to rubber line from the pump to the carb. Youl need some inverted flare-barbed fittings at the pump and carb, but eerything can be found at Kragen, or Autozone or whatever. If you do go to rubber line, it doesn't hurt to put an inline filter in there while you're at it.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

steel line..

3/8" or 5/16" steel fuel line is cheap to buy,but can be difficult to bend to the sharp angles needed to match the OEM line,even with a tubing bender ..

I have used 3/8" or 5/16" copper tubing instead with good results,it bends without kinking easier,flares just like steel,and it lasts forever compared to steel around here in our salty winters..I will conduct heat better too,so route it away from the exhaust and other heat sources..

I'd keep the rubber hose to a minimun on that line,it gets brittle quickly when its close to the engine..and could burn if it happens to touch the valve covers,or it rubs against the air cleaner,etc..:crazy: