Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Replacement Motor Questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by montanagrizfan, Dec 31, 2002.

1. montanagrizfan

montanagrizfan Newbie

Dec 26, 2002
    I've got an 85 Blazer with a 305 and am looking into getting a 350. ANybody have any suggestions on where I can get one that's affordable and reliable??
  2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

Nov 9, 2001
    What sort of engine do you want? Stock, mild, <font color="red">NASTY!</font color>? How much do you want to spend? There are a lot of crate engine and engine kits available.
  3. Logan

Logan Registered Member

Feb 17, 2000
    When the 305 in my 84 Jimmy ate it, I was pretty much broke and totally dependant
    on the truck to get to work.

A guy at a local pick-your-own-part said that he'd hook me up with an '87 350 for $400 cash (Canadian)
    installed, which works out to what, forty bucks for you guys? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Probably closer to $250 US...

It was a bit of a risk, but the price was right. I got to see the engine run, and I got to keep the decent
    parts off my old engine.

It's a great time of year to see what people will do for cash, and the performance benefit of jumping to
    a 350 makes it worthwhile. Come to think of it, I actually got better mileage after switching to the
    350, too. Other than the crappy job they did of hooking up the electric choke wiring, I've had no
    complaints yet. &lt;touch wood&gt;

Not guaranteed reliable, but definately affordable!