Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Replacement Muffler Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by caryhenry, Mar 3, 2003.

1. caryhenry

caryhenry Registered Member

I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with summit racing's turbo mufflers? I am looking for a CHEAP replacement muffler which does not sound like a top fuel car. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

2. Langosta39

Langosta39 1/2 ton status

There is a fella who said he runs them and they sound nice but not too loud. I too am looking at running these mufflers since I am a poor college kid : ) So bring on the comments people!

andy

3. wa_jeeper

wa_jeeper Registered Member

I've got them on my Blazer with dual 2 1/4s. They're not too loud, kind of a mellow tone. But after two years, I've decided I want to go with Flowmasters, the summits just aren't meaty enough for me any more. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

You should check out Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers. Last time I checked they were half the price of Flowmaster 40s. They also flow a lot better than most performance mufflers.

5. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

I have 3 inch summit turbo and my uncle has a flow master and my is a deeper better spund to it then his. Im very plessed with mine and for the price they are well worth it but that my .02 cent worth.

Clint /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

I also have dual 2 1/4 with the summit turbo mufflers, they sound just fine for the price, good at idle and nice sound when you step on it. I will eventually get some flowmasters but for around $15 a piece, the summits cant be beat