Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Replacement Panels

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by dbltapp, Mar 6, 2003.

1. dbltapp

dbltapp 1/2 ton status

Where should I get my replacement panels? LMC, JC Whitney? I am not to worried about looks, and as long as the fit is ok, I wouldn't complain too much /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I need rear lowers, front inners, and plan on using sliders vice new rockers. I also need an idea for my rear inner fenders, they are rotting and no one makes them. I was thinking about trying truck inners, or sheet metal. I will end up cutting the new ones /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif.
    Thanx guys
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

i redid my rear wells by getting rid of all that rust with a wire wheel and than riveting and glueing some sheet metal around to fill the holes/gaps.. the glue i used was from home depot called polyurethene construction adhesive. that stuff will stick to anything /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.. no more water in the back now , well at least from there /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

i bought my inner front fenders from the dealer at 110$ a piece /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

good metal is very hard to come by up here, i'am wondering how easy and cheap it might be to call a bone yard in AZ and have them mail up parts /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

LMC/JC i think /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif only sell the outer sheet of the panel not the whole thing. which for my case wasn't worth it cause the rot was so bad /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

hands off my arizona bone yards! you live in the salt and snow, you face the consequences of your actions. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

truthfully, the only time trucks end up at the boneyard is after they've been severely wrecked, with almost no good sheetmetal left on them, and are quickly stripped of any strait panels they have. this is why I still don't have new fenders on the front of my truck, even tho the old ones ( crappy replacement fenders from taiwan) are all but completely destroyed. I'm contemplating just tearing them off, and running a couple chunks of angle iron from the cab to the radiator Core support, and calling it good enough.

if you really want parts, check www.azcentral.com in the auto's section for Parts. your best bet is to find a truck that's going to be junked, and getting your pieces from that.
    -Rich

4. holyjohnson

holyjohnson Registered Member

ive used whitney and LMC and didnt like the fit or product.
    the rocker from whitney felt real thin compared to the stock (even what was left of it) and the smaller panels from LMC didnt fit right at all.
    i also used CHEYENNE and fit was right and felt and looked nearer OEM.and the prices werent too far off each other.
    goodluck

5. OneBBBurb

OneBBBurb Registered Member

I have found some thru Sherman Auto parts
    www.shermanparts.com

They say that 90% of there metal is US steel and what isnt is labeled.Prices arent bad to match either /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif
    Doc

6. dbltapp

dbltapp 1/2 ton status

Thanx! I will start looking around.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif