Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Replacement pannels

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by 6.2puller, Nov 2, 2004.

1. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

I have read a bunch of posts about JC Whitney replacement pannels and their fitment issues. I know GM is the way to go but I don't have the funds for that and want something to repair the lower half of my burban. LMC has most everything I need and I am not looking for show quality as this gets wheeled. What do those that have used LMC pannels have to say? Do they fit enough to look straight?

2. elacruze

elacruze 1/2 ton status

I just finished the cab floors, rocker panels, inner rockers and floor supports on my '85 K3500. It was my first time doing sheetmetal, and I did it with J.C. Whitney panels. I'm quite pleased with them, especially at the price. Though they could have fit better, a small ball pein hammer and a couple of filler pieces cut from leftovers got it done. All in I probably have about 10 hours invested, and only an hour or so of fitting/filling work.

3. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I welded on a rear quarter from LMC. I was not happy with the initial fit. I had to really work at making it fit. It fits perfect now and you could never tell but it was a pain in the ass...

If I had to do it over again, I would just cut one off a parts truck. It would have been cheaper too, lots cheaper. I still try to figuire out what I was thinking when I ordered a new quarter...

So, LMC (rear quarter) can be made to look factory but it was, IMHO, was alot more work than it should have been.