Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

REPLACEMENT PANS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sharkman726, Oct 28, 2003.

1. sharkman726

sharkman726 Registered Member

I have a question about pan replacement. I am currently replacing the floor pans (back passenger both sides) on my 90k5. The bad news is that the rust has gone up the footwell areas where the front seatbelt mounts are. These areas are destroyed. Does anyone manufacture these footwells? Or is this going to be a fab job. I have the floor pans (got them from LMC) But it is going to be one hell of a fab job to replace those footwells. Any info on this would be great. Thanks in advance /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

i had to fab my own, i used 16 guage sheet metal. i tied it into the inner rocker panels, the bed floor, and the bedside. my seat belt bolt was pretty rusty itself, so i bought a bolt that was big enough to fit thru the seat belt, drill a hole in the piece i fab and welded the nut onto the inside part of the piece. i was going to buy the floorpans, but at the price they wanted for them, the 14 guage sheetmetal that i had laying around worked great.
    there is a dude on ebay now selling the pieces your want.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36475&item=2439247195