Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Replacement seats

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dumbfounded, May 27, 2000.

1. dumbfounded

dumbfounded 1/2 ton status

Sorry not trying to add to many posts. I've got a million questions and its Saturday night and I'm bored at work. Anyways My front seats are pretty much shot. The back seat looks in good shape. My question is are there easy seats that interchange fairly easy and the passenger side flips up can this be retained. I've seen some nice aftermarket seats that I'd like but they are high dollar (I'm sure they are worth it once you ride in them) but some factory car seats are nice and comfortable was wondering if anyone has tried crossbreeding seats.......
    Todd...

Blood, sweat, tears, and lots of money is what keeps my K5 alive.

2. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I konw what you mean by lots of ? I am going to get a set of corbeau seats they are a little pricey at 327.00 but I like them I dont know about corss breeding seats it might work. tell me if it does thanks

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

3. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    I don't know if I'm going to get replacement seats or have the foam replaced & purhchase new covers. I like the cover idea my self. but I want a 5 pt. harness. Oh the humanity...

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

4. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

That is why I am going to get corbeau seats they have the slotes for the 5 point and look cool

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I was thinking of replacing the flip up pass. seat w/ a sliding one. Will this work? Has anybody done this?

<font color=green>Money</font color=green>--&gt;Blazer

6. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

@ door s10 blazer seats are exzctly the same only the lower frame is shorter so you have to use a taller one also the flip forward and slide also the s10 Xcab are the same ones,94 blazer came with leather (thats whats in my s10).

7. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I would stick with a 4 point harness, that 5th strap can do bad things to the pitch of your voice if the harness isn't setup just right. We use 4 point harnesses in our off road race cars at school and they work great. One of our cars rolled at 50 mph off a jump and the driver never felt a thing. We got the car back on it's wheels and he took off like nothing ever happened. That pretty much convinced me that a 4 point is just as good as a 5 when it's setup correctly.

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy

8. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

I hate to admit this but I have a ford part on my truck!! I took a bench seat outta 91 ford pickup and all I had to do to get them in was make 4 brackes outta 1/4 inch angle iron and welded it the floor and bolted in the seat.. It is MUCH more comfy then the buckets. It also has a fold down arm rest which is integral in teh back of the seat..

<font color=red>Zack Carlson</font color=red>
    <font color=yellow>Carlson@thestix.net</font color=yellow>

9. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i have been thinking of putting in either jamex seats or some ultra comfortable seats from some website that i cant remember right now. cant decide.

Knife.

10. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

I'm going to go with the cobeau seats myself. They make brackets that bolt to factory locations, so no welding involved. On the passenger side it also converts the "flip" forward seat to a sliding one.

11. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Went with Flofit seats, have had them in over a year, and NO REGRETS. Paid around $800 for the pair with the custom mounts, everything fit great, seats are very comfortable, have lumbar pumps, headrests adjust up, down, and in and out, and have leg extensions. See picture.....to answer your question, yes, they slide as opposed to the tilt feature, but there is plenty of room to fit through the opening. Guys, check out Seat Source in Riverside, CA before you buy the Corbeau's or anyone elses, shop the prices......Tim at SEat Source is a good guy, no tax, and shipped on time - phone 909-343-9430.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]