Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

replacing 90 tcase with a 208?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by sled_dog, Jun 3, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Anyone know if its a direct bolt in or what would be involved? Besides linkages that is. I am back to thinking the new rig is gonna get a SFA. Before my issue was I wanted to run just 37 MT/Rs and the steering kit is so expensive, but I got to thinking(and reading) I think with a set of zero rates, 4" springs and the SFA kit up front i can get some 37s in there and the steering is a lot easier than I realized.

2. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

Assuming your truck has a 241 in it, it should be a direct bolt in. I would try to find a 241 out of a blazer or sub to use instead however. If you get a 90 or 91 they should have an electronic speedo drive and make the swap easier.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

good point, but I forgot my buddy has a Ford Dana 44 I could probably steal so stock TCase would be fine. Dad and I are gonna go look at another truck tonight, 95 Chevy 2500 with 80k miles. $8500 have to take out a loan but that will help build my credit.