Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Replacing a NP203

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ankarback, Oct 20, 2003.

1. ankarback

ankarback 1/2 ton status

I´m thinking of replacing my NP203 t-case with one in better shape and have a question.
    How is it connected to the TH350 ? Is it splines or is it bolted on ? I´ve looked in both my Haynes and Chilton manuals but they don´t describe that.
    Is there anything else you have to consider when you´re replacing it ?

/Johan

2. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

It has about 8 bolts that hold it on to the adapter. The input is female and goes right on the output shaft of the 350. If your replacing it with another 203 shouldn't have many problems. Probably hardest thing will be getting up there. Its one heavy sob.

3. ankarback

ankarback 1/2 ton status

OK, thanks for the info /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Yes, I know about the weight. I have to find something strong and high enough to lift it up.

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Tranny jack /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Can probably rent one for not too much $$$

5. grunt11b40x

grunt11b40x 1/2 ton status

I just swapped out a 203 and used a atv/motorcycle jack plus some wood to level it. took me about 2 hrs to drop the bad one and mount the good one.