Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Replacing backseat roll-up side window glass on Suburban

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PonchoCatalina, May 16, 2006.

1. PonchoCatalina

PonchoCatalina Registered Member

Has anyone replaced the backseat side roll-up window on a Burb? I came out this morning to find that something had struck the window and cracked it from top to bottom. I can get it replaced for $173, but my neighborhood salvage yard has it for $35 - I'm inclined to tackle the job if I'm able. Any tips or input are appreciated. Thanks!
    - Ian

2. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

Make sure you get the right one, I had a slightly different model and had to change all the mechanicals due to the differences

3. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

its pretty easy as long as you pull the metal window track with the glass. A helper can make it go smoother too...

I would just go to the junkyard with required tools (i think its like a screwdriver and a 3/8" socket driver/combination wrench - check for yourself) and tear one apart out there. its pretty easy to do, the hard part is extracting the glass without breaking it by yourself, the helper would be great there.

4. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

It's easy do it...

that's all.