Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Replacing dash lamps

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Derf00, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I recently bought a instrument panel off of a '90 Blazer from e-bay for $10. I needed the green plastic piece that holds the quages to replace the one I have. I thought I would do the upgrade to brighten up the guages while I was doing the swap. I did a search and found the following:

[ QUOTE ]
    Replace all the bulbs with 168s instead of 194s.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I purchased the lamps, my parts guy told me that the 194's are brighter than the 168's. Is he mistaken? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I just used 194s and spray painted the back of that relector thing with some chrome paint and it helped tremendously. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

The 168's are brighter.

I had 194's and and the reflector plate painted silver, changed the bulbs to the 168's and painted the reflector plate white and its one hell of a lot brighter /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif