Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

replacing floor pans

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by justwhatido, May 7, 2004.

1. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

I need to replace entire left and right floor pans. I can find patches, but not whole replacement pans. OK guys, where do I find em

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Really if you just have a couple soft/rusty spots patch panels are better. When you getinto replacing the whole section with aftermarket stamped pieces you get the can effect going on. When you get in or out the panel pops and cracks like you squeezing a coke can. Some people have luck with them though. All I dont was cut out the rusty spots layed in new 16gauge sheet and welded them in. I even raised the seats a bit (for me its more comfortable).

I done that in my silver blazer. My brown blazer use to be a plow truck so I didn't have much to work with. I ended up cutting out all the floors and starting over.

The body shop forum - floor pans
    My project rigs new floors post (beware dialup users) /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

got the same problem, www.lmctruck.com i think it is u can get a catalog that has like every part for blazers

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

You could also post this question on the new "Body Shop" forum which is about restoring the trucks with original parts. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif