Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

replacing hard tbi fuel lines with braided hose, what sizes do I need?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BayouBlazer88, May 26, 2004.

1. BayouBlazer88

BayouBlazer88 1/2 ton status

I'm looking to replace the fuel feed and return lines on my 88' K5 350tbi (the old lines are really bent up from an aftermarket vortec tbi intake swap and a pain to get around) and wanted to know what type and length of hose I need to get as well as what fittings I need to use. Keep in mind I'm only replacing from where the hardened lines start to where they meet the tbi so I'm not replacing all the way to the tank. Summit sells several brands including Summit, Aeroquip, Russel, Earl's. Any preferences on the brand? Thanks in advance guys.

2. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

We use Earl's kits on all of our bikes, good so far. If you call Summit, they will tell you everything you need.

-Chris

3. FWP

FWP CRS

I would go right to a GM part for those particular fuel lines. It will last another 15- 20 years, and fit perfectly /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Oops, sorry for the late reply, just noticed the date you made your post.

4. BayouBlazer88

BayouBlazer88 1/2 ton status

Dont worry about the late reply, it's good to finally get some replies. Anyway, will the GM dealership have braided fuel lines for this, or are you talking about new hard lines? because I dont want hard lines. And braided fuel lines all the way to the throttle body seems like more of an aftermarket peice and not something a dealer would carry but it's worth a try. There is a chevy dealer not far from my house that I may try going to soon to see what they have. Thanks.

5. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Give the dealer a try, they might have a couple of options for you!

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

From what I've seen of GM stuff, they didn't use very long lengths of braided line.

Most importantly for GM, it's cheaper to use hard lines. However, if you don't secure the flex lines, you can possibly wear through them. Even with the armor, I will NOT mess around with fuel lines rubbing on the truck.

Have to admit, hard lines are almost impossible with the saginaw fittings, since you can't have the ends made, and there is very little in the way of options to join "standard" stuff to the saginaw fittings, at least not for less than $7-8 PER fitting.

I don't like the way my hard lines look, (took stock truck TBI lines, swapped sides, and hand bent to get them to fit) but since I hope to never look at them again...