Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

replacing header/cab seal for top

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Jan 27, 2002.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

My top is leaking at the seal, tightened it a few times, and the seal appears to be shot. I can get the new ones from LMC, bu how do they attach? Thanks

90K5

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

There are 2 seals. One is on the cab and the other is on the top. The one on the top is probably the one you need. LMC, Year One have it and you can probably still get it at the dealer. It glues on. Need a high quality contact adhesive. I'm about to do the same. THe seal on the cab was in perfect condition on the Lady's 79 but the top seal was done. On ours it appears to be getting past that seal and then leaking over the rail into the truck and bypassing the inner seal all together.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Just for comparison, how are the seals by the bedside on yours? I think mine are allright, but they are pretty expensive aren't they? thanks

90K5

4. sinchphoto

sinchphoto 1/2 ton status

i got some seals for my top at a window and weatherstripping shop. its not the original but it fit like a glove. ive removed the top a few times allready. and its rained a butload. never had a problem