Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Replacing side mirror

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mastiff, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I got a whole new side mirror from the junk yard, but I've noticed that the glass is loose because it rattles when I close the door. It looks like the mirror is supposed to be glued in four places, but two of them have broken loose.

Is there a way to get the glass out without breaking it? It's kinda scratched up anyway, should I just smash it out and replace it with new? Can you get the glass at a regular parts store?

TIA

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

you can get replacement glass at most auto parts stores. usually 10-15.00. Some come with double stick tape, But i used glass urethane on mine.

3. dvani

dvani Registered Member

Mirror

Theres no good easy way to get the mirror itself off. If you have a long flexible blade that might do it but the glass shop I work at can replace the mirror with an OEM type for about 30 bucks. If it does break call around and ask for a Redi Cut mirro. Should come with adhesive pads and if you really want it on good get some urethane for windshields and glue it that way. Just make sure you tape it in place for 24 to 36 hours or so.